Equality – Our Final Frontier
Help us change the timeline towards gender equality.
With hotels in space, humans landing on mars, and brain enhancements all predicted to happen before we reach global gender equality, space isn’t our final frontier – gender equality is.
Your donation is crucial to changing this timeline, and helping to improve women’s safety, economic security, and leadership all over the world.
We’re calling to change this timeline and ensure that amidst all these advancements and progress, we are not leaving gender equality behind.
UN Women has a target to reach gender equality by 2030. Individual donations help greatly, but you can also help by sharing our campaign, or engaging in any number of initiatives.
If you’re a business, you could partner with us or make a tax-deductible donation to us as part of your workplace giving program. As an individual, you can get involved by tackling gender equality at every level, by demanding an equal work culture, calling out sexist behaviour and harassment, and challenging gender stereotypes.
Most importantly, start a conversation. One person, one school, one organisation, one board room, one parliament, one country at a time, we can speak out about how inequality is affecting women and girls every day, and make changes in our own lives to create a level playing field.
Learn more below.
Add your name
Join thousands of other Australians working to change the timeline and ensure that amidst all technological advancements and progress, we are not leaving gender equality behind. Click here to add your name.
Are you a business prepared to disrupt business as usual, and commit to a new roadmap to accelerate change? Partner with us to deliver change for women and girls in Australia and worldwide.
Include UN Women Australia in your workplace giving program, or make a tax-deductible donation to UN Women Australia to promote women and girls’ equal access to lead, learn, earn, and live lives free from violence and discrimination, across the region and around the world.
Be the change
Get involved. Whether you’re in school or board rooms, Parliament or a community organisation, tackling gender inequality takes all of us. It requires each of us to:
- Demand an equal work culture
- Call out sexist behaviour and harassment
- Share the care
- Challenge gender stereotypes
This is just the start. Start a conversation. One person, one organisation, one country at a time, we’ve got to speak out about how inequality is affecting women and girls every day, and how to make changes in our own lives to create a more level playing field.
- UN Women’s 12 ways to advance gender equality
- Gender equality starts with you: Ten ways you can keep up your activism from your couch
- UN Women’s 10 actions to help end violence against women
- Tackling violence against women and girls in the context of climate change
- What is Intersectionality and why does it matter?
- Our Watch’s Workplace Equality and Respect Tools
- Equality across the board: Investing in workplaces that work for everyone (2021)
- Diversity Council of Australia Research and Guides
- Workplace Gender Equality Agency Resources
- CEW – Why Don’t Women Get Cool Jobs? Women in Stem report in partnership with BCG 2022
- Flex for Success: Five Practices That Build a Flexible Workforce 2020
- Champions of Change Coalition Tools and Resources
Follow UN Women Australia on social media and amplify the campaign through your networks to help spread the message.
#WhenWillSheBeRight Wins Bronze Lion at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
We are delighted to announce UN Women Australia’s film, #WhenWillSheBeRight, launched at our International Women’s Day (IWD) 2021 events, won a Bronze Lion at the