*Trigger warning* If you or another person is in immediate danger, call 000. If you or someone you know is impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence, call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visit 1800RESPECT.org.au. Help is available.
Australians say, “she’ll be right” to dismiss problems we think will fix themselves with time. It’s a cultural complacency that issues will sort themselves out, at some point. But for global gender equality, that point is not for over 100 more years.*
This means your children, grandchildren and even your great grandchildren are unlikely to experience a world where everyone is free and equal. Gender inequality remains one of the most pervasive human rights violations around the world. From child marriage to trafficking, domestic violence to sexual exploitation, the gender pay gap, the dearth of female leaders from business to the halls of parliament; discrimination, violence and fundamental disrespect of women and girls persist as a result of generations of exclusion.
Change requires commitment and action. Check out resources below to get started. Together we can deliver an equal future for everyone.
* As the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be felt, closing the gender gap has increased by a generation from 99.5 years to 135.6 years. 
- UN Women’s 12 ways to advance gender equality
- UN Women’s 10 tips to be an activist during COVID-19
- UN Women’s 10 actions to help end violence against women
- Our Watch’s Change the Story: A shared framework for the primary prevention of violence against women and their children in Australia
- Our Watch’s Workplace Equality and Respect Tools
- [email protected] 2020 Sexual Harassment National Inquiry Report and Recommendations
- Diversity Council of Australia Research and Guides
- Westpac/Deloitte Diversity Dividend Report
- Workplace Gender Equality Agency Resources
- CEW ASX20 Senior Executive Census 2020
- Flex for Success: Five Practices That Build a Flexible Workforce 2020
- KPMG, The Child Care Subsidy: Options for Increasing Support for Caregivers that Want to Work 2020
- CEW/Bain: Better Together: Increasing Male Engagement in Gender Equality Efforts in Australia 2019
- Champions of Change Coalition Tools and Resources
Follow UN Women Australia on social media and amplify the Every. Day. Women. campaign, thought leadership and action through your networks
Are you a business prepared to disrupt business as usual, and commit to a new roadmap to accelerate change? Partner with us to deliver change for women and girls in Australia and worldwide.
Include UN Women Australia in your workplace giving program, or make a tax-deductible donation to UN Women Australia to promote women and girls’ equal access to lead, learn, earn, and live lives free from violence and discrimination, across the region and around the world.
Be the change
Get involved. Whether you’re in school or board rooms, Parliament or a community organisation, tackling gender inequality takes all of us. It requires each of us to:
- Demand an equal work culture
- Call out sexist behaviour and harassment
- Share the care
- Challenge gender stereotypes
This is just the start. Start a conversation. One person, one organisation, one country at a time, we’ve got to speak out about how inequality is affecting women and girls every day, and how to make changes in our own lives to create a more level playing field.