When you empower a woman, whole communities benefit. Join UN Women Australia as we improve the lives of women and girls in over 100 countries around the world.
The world continues to tackle the on-gong COVID-19 pandemic. As frontline responders, health professionals, community volunteers, transport and logistics managers, scientists and more, women are making critical contributions to address the outbreak every day. The majority of caregivers, at home and in our communities, are also women.
Additionally, they are at increased risk of infection and loss of livelihood, and existing trends point to reduced access to sexual and reproductive health services and a rise in domestic violence during crisis.
Your gift will support women on the frontlines, and help protect those most vulnerable from violence.
Stand with us to support women across the globe by giving a gift today.
With your support we can:
- Ensure the unique needs of women and girls are met following crisis and natural disaster;
- Ensure women and girls in vulnerable communities have access to masks, hand sanitiser and soap to prevent the spread of the virus
- Put an end to violence against women and provide support to those affected by it;
- End poverty through enhancing women’s economic opportunities and providing practical skills and cash for work opportunities;
- Ensure women have a seat at decision-making tables and the opportunity to become leaders in their community;
- Work with governments to abolish discriminatory laws that impede gender equality and hold women and girls back.
Together we can make a difference. Become an Empowerment Champion today!
All gifts over $2 are fully tax-deductible