Unite for Gender Equality, so everyone can play
SUPPORT. SHARE. LEAD.
The FIFA Women’s World Cup is being held in Australia and New Zealand for the first time ever. As teams from around the world take to the field from 20 July to 20 August – it’s a powerful opportunity for us to put the fight for gender equality front and centre in the hearts and minds of millions. Captains from different nations will have the opportunity to wear arm bands dedicated to gender equality and ending violence against women.
Will you join them in being a leader for GENDER EQUALITY?
Join us and pledge your support for gender equality today.
While there is much to celebrate with important advances in the world of sport, it is critical for us to remember that there’s still much to do to end gender inequality both on and off the field:
- Globally, women only make 77 cents for every dollar earned by men1
- In 19 countries, married women do not have the same rights as married men to get a job or pursue a profession2
- 650 million women and girls in the world today were married before age 182
So this Women’s World Cup, let’s unite for gender equality… so everyone can play!
When girls play and learn, we all win. During the Women’s World Cup, help us help more girls to change the game – and the world – through sport. There can be no higher goal, and no greater win for us all.
- Pledge your support for Gender Equality today.
- Donate now and help UN Women level the playing field for women and girls everywhere.
- Once you’ve signed the pledge, download your digital arm band and show your community that you’re leading the way for Gender Equality.
- Share it with your network. Make the tile your profile pic or simply share it as post using the hashtags #UniteForGenderEquality and #UniteToEndViolence.
- Use your posts to encourage your family and friends to “follow your lead” and join us in supporting the women and girls of the world.