4 July 2016
UNAA Media Peace Awards 2016
Enter now to be considered for the UNAA Media Peace Awards 2016!
The United Nations Association of Australia Media Peace Awards were established in 1979. The Awards recognise those in the media whose work highlights and champions human rights and social justice issues and stimulates public debate and changes in public and private policy.
Journalists and producers whose work addresses humanitarian and social justice issues are encouraged to enter today. The work must have been published/broadcast in the Australian public media between 4 September 2015 and 2 September 2016.
Entries close 5pm September 2.
MAJOR AWARD CATEGORIES
– Best Print/Written
– Best Television (News/Current Affairs & Documentary) (sponsored by SBS)
– Best Online
– Best Photojournalism
– Best Radio (News & Documentary)
SPECIAL AWARD CATEGORIES:
– Promotion of Children’s Rights & Issues
– Promotion of Disability Rights & Issues
– Promotion of Indigenous Recognition
– Promotion of Positive Images of the Older Person
– Promotion of Social Cohesion (sponsored by the Australian Multicultural Foundation
and Scanlon Foundation)
– Promotion of Women’s Rights & Issues (sponored by the Victorian Government Office of Women)