Napoleon Perdis Cosmetics is delighted to announce our support of the Australian National Committee for UN Women and International Women’s Day. March 8th signifies the celebration of the economic, political, and social empowerment of women globally, while highlighting the work that still needs to be done to break the never-ending cycle of women in poverty.
“We are thrilled to welcome Napoleon Perdis as a partner,” says Julie McKay, Executive Director of the Australian National Committee for UN Women. “The funds raised through our partnership will go towards lifting women out of poverty and transforming their lives. We have a common vision of women’s empowerment and are looking forward to sharing the amazing stories of hope and courage from UN Women’s work with Napoleon Perdis customers and supporters.”
For the week of March 3rd, Napoleon is encouraging all customers to make a $2 donation to UN Women at any Napoleon Perdis Concept Store or napoleonperdis.com. All donations made will then be matched by Napoleon Perdis, with all proceeds going directly to UN Women.
“One of my core beliefs – personally and for my brand – is the empowerment of women,” says Napoleon. “My business has been inspired by women, creates products for women, and is largely run by women. After learning more about the work that UN Women do, and reading those staggering statistics on how much more there is to do, I needed to get involved! Equality for women is progress for all.”
- 70% of the world’s poor are women
- Women earn less than 10% of the world’s wages
- Women own less than 2% of the world’s land
- 61% of the world’s illiterate youths are women
How Your Donation will Help Women
- Support UN Women’s work to lift women and girls in developing countries out of the never-ending cycle of poverty
- Advance women’s empowerment through education, training, and economic opportunities
- Help women become more self reliant and able to help themselves
- Help alleviate malnutrition which affects girls three times more than boys
And so much more…