Lebanon Emergency Appeal
The explosion in Beirut has sent shock-waves across the world.
Lebanon was already in the midst of a deep recession, seeing high rates of violence against women, and struggling to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.
The economic impact of the blast is estimated to be over $10 billion, hundreds of thousands of people have been left homeless, and access to support for women experiencing violence is under threat.
Our UN Women team is on the ground right now, making sure women and girls in Beirut have access to period products, underwear, soap, and a torch to stay safe and protected during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. We’re also working hard to ensure both Lebanese nationals and women refugees have access to safety, support and counselling if they’re going through gender-based violence, which rises in times of crisis.
We know that it has been a difficult year for everyone. But our sisters in Lebanon need our support right now more than ever.
Please give what you can.
All gifts over $2 are fully tax-deductible.
Donate with card
Donate with Paypal
Your donation can help UN Women create brighter futures for women and girls.
Prefer to give a recurring gift? Pay using card and become an Empowerment Championby supporting UN Women programs every month.
- $48 can provide food for a woman living in a shelter for a month
- $98 can deliver a young women's leadership program
- $156 can ensure women have access to legal services
- $456 can provide financial and literacy and business training for three women to create sustainable enterprises
- $873 can support a safe house to protect women from domestic violence