Haiti Earthquake Emergency Appeal
A devastating earthquake has once again struck Haiti.
On 14 August 2021, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake sent shockwaves across the country. Over 84,000 homes were severely damaged, and the death toll – which stands at over 1,900 – continues to rise.
Women and girls in Haiti urgently need your support.
The earthquake is the latest catastrophe to hit a nation already reeling from multiple crises, many of which have had a devastating toll on women and girls. In the last year alone, Haiti has faced political instability, COVID-19, tropical storms – the most recent complicating humanitarian response efforts – and increased gender-based violence.
UN Women is working closely with partners on the ground to support recovery efforts and meet the immediate needs of women and girls most affected. But resources are limited. Your support is desperately needed.
By donating today, you can help:
- Ensure women and girls have access to safe spaces and essential services, such as psychological support to survivors of gender-based violence.
- Provide women and families with emergency kitchen kits containing cooking stoves, matches, water containers and temporary shelters.
- Empower women leaders as first responders, ensuring they inform immediate and long-term recovery efforts.
- Provide financial support to women, allowing them to rebuild their businesses and regain independence.
- Increase disaster resilience through agricultural training and the establishment of small gardens.
Please give now.
All gifts over $2 are fully tax-deductible.