Nepal Earthquake Appeal
Since a 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Nepal on April 25th, UN Women has been working to improve communications, safety and health for women and girls. 40,000 women are at risk of sexual and gender-based violence and a second earthquake only exacerbated these concerns. The earthquakes have devastated Nepal..
Nepalese women and girls need solar lanterns, radios and dignity kits to stay healthy, safe and access life-saving information. UN Women is also working to open more Women’s Centres to train and employ women in recovery efforts and provide counselling and referrals to survivors of violence.
Your tax-deductible contribution will support UN Women’s emergency relief and recovery efforts in Nepal, to protect the most vulnerable women and girls.
Prefer to give a recurring gift? Click here and become an Empowerment Champion by supporting UN Women programs every month.
Donate with card
Donate with Paypal
Your donation can help UN Women create brighter futures for women and girls.
Prefer to give a recurring gift? Pay using card and become an Empowerment Championby supporting UN Women programs every month.
- $48 can provide food for a woman living in a shelter for a month
- $98 can deliver a young women's leadership program
- $156 can ensure women have access to legal services
- $456 can provide financial and literacy and business training for three women to create sustainable enterprises
- $873 can support a safe house to protect women from domestic violence