A global champion for women and girls, UN Women is the United Nations entity responsible for promoting women’s empowerment and gender equality and was established to accelerate progress to meet the needs of women and girls worldwide.
UN Women National Committee (NC) Australia exists to raise funds for and awareness of UN Women’s work in the Pacific and around the world.
UN Women’s priority areas include:
- Expanding women’s leadership and participation
- Ending violence against women by enabling states to set up the mechanisms needed to formulate and enforce appropriate laws and services;
- Enhancing women’s economic empowerment
- Strengthening the implementation of the Women, Peace And Security agenda
- Making gender equality priorities central to national, local and sectoral planning and budgeting.