Responding in Emergencies
During crises, such as conflict or disasters, women often endure extreme hardships, such as increased violence and insecurity, restricted mobility and additional care, domestic and livelihood responsibilities. In addition, the unique needs of women and girls are often forgotten or ignored in emergency response efforts.
UN Women works to ensure the unique needs of women and girls are not forgotten in response efforts.
Your generous gift allows UN Women to continue working on the ground in times of emergency – when women and girls need us most. Distributing dignity kits and establishing safe spaces where women and girls have access to support and counselling and are protected from the increased risk of violence.
Together we can make a difference. Become an Empowerment Champion and give a monthly gift to have the most impact for the world’s women and girls!
All gifts over $2 are fully tax-deductible
Donate with card
Donate with Paypal
Your donation can help UN Women create brighter futures for women and girls.
Prefer to give a recurring gift? Pay using card and become an Empowerment Championby supporting UN Women programs every month.
- $48 can provide food for a woman living in a shelter for a month
- $98 can deliver a young women's leadership program
- $156 can ensure women have access to legal services
- $456 can provide financial and literacy and business training for three women to create sustainable enterprises
- $873 can support a safe house to protect women from domestic violence