Ways to Support and Fundraise
There are a number of ways to become involved in International Women’s Day, fundraise for UN Women Australia and join the movement to accelerate gender equality.
By supporting the event program and raising funds in your workplace, school or community group, you are enabling UN Women to:
- Develop women as leaders in the community, politics and businesses;
- Run voter and civic education campaigns on gender equality;
- Encourage young men and women to engage in advocacy to make gender equality central to public policy-making;
- Promote women’s rights, including their right to vote and to violence-free campaigning;
- Advance gender equality.
- Become a matched donor so that every dollar donated on the day will have a greater impact for the world’s women and girls – please contact [email protected] for more information.
- Promote the day among your networks.
- Make a donation on the day.
Want more ideas?
You don’t have to host your own event to celebrate IWD 2021 and promote the activities of UN Women Australia. Instead, you could:
- Create a fundraising page and invite your friends, family and colleagues to donate – register as a UN Women Australia fundraiser and set up your fundraising page.
- Encourage your network to participate in our program and attend our events.
- Purchase IWD ribbons to sell at your workplace, school or in your community.
- Make a tax deductible donation to support the life changing work of UN Women.
Download our IWD Fundraiser Kit more for tips and ideas.
On behalf of the world’s women and girls, we would like to thank you in advance for the very real difference your contribution and fundraising efforts will make to their lives.