Create Your Own IWD Fundraiser
Can’t attend UN Women’s events? Don’t like breakfast? Want to bring IWD to your workplace, school or community?
Host your own International Women’s Day event!
Hosting your own event can be as simple as running a bake sale with your classmates, inviting an inspiring advocate for a donation-upon-entry talk at your office, or completing a physical challenge with sponsors supporting UN Women’s work.
This International Women’s Day we invite communities across Australia to highlight theme of ‘Generation Equality’, in a way that is meaningful to them by creating their own fundraiser.
Generation equality is clarion call for all of us, no matter our age, to join forces to co-create a vision where everyone is free and equal; a world where everyone can unleash their full potential. It takes collaboration, across generations, genders and communities, to realise the goal of gender equality, and change the path for the world’s women and girls.
By fundraising for UN Women Australia, you will be supporting UN Women’s work to:
- Mitigate barriers to education such as financial burden, conflict settings and infrastructure;
- Enhance technology-enabled education to improve access and outcomes;
- Provide training as a pathway to financial independence;
- Develop women as leaders in the community and businesses;
- And improve pathways to employment and entrepreneurship.
Set up a page for donations directly to UN Women here.
Download our Fundraiser Kit below to get ideas and start planning your fundraiser!